Friday, May 20, 2011

Petite Lasagna Cups

Well Hello There! Happy Friday! Did you all think I had disappeared? I hope those of you that read my blog haven't given up on me. I know I have been MIA for over a week now! In my defense, I have been busy working on some fun projects to share with you all- A Master Bathroom Makeover and a cute craft for my little church youth group whom I teach lessons to every other Sunday. So stayed tuned for these fun projects!

Today, I want to share a super yummy recipe to take you into your weekend. One of my favorite dishes to make is Lasagna. I love all that cheesy goodness layered between noodles, tomatoes, ground turkey and cottage cheese. Simply Delicious. However, making Lasagna can take sometime to make and bake and I usually only make it on the weekends because I have more time. That can change now! I recently came across this yummy recipe for these petite Lasagna cups. I was really excited to try these because not only are they perfect for portion control, but they are mini and everything is more fun to eat when it's petite. Also, as an added bonus I knew my kids would get a kick out of having their own personal baby lasagna. The ingredients in this recipe are the same as other Lasagna recipes but the only difference is using Wonton wrappers in place of lasagna noodles. I love the convenience of this! No more boiling lasagna noodles to make Lasagna! Woohoo!
This recipe is perfect for getting your kids and family into the kitchen and teaching them how to cook. Just grab those aprons, a muffin tin, and ingredients and get right to work on making a delicious and healthy main dish. This recipe is Perfect for a casual weeknight meal and is elegant enough for a fancy dinner for guests or a date night in! 


Petite Lasagna Cups
recipe  adapted from canyoustayfordinner.com
3 Weight Watcher Points per cup
Ingredients:
12 oz. raw Ground Turkey
1/4 tsp. salt, divided
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 c. Chopped Onion
1/2 c. chopped mushrooms
14.5 oz. can crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tsp. Dried Oregano, divided
1/2 tsp. Dried Basil
11/2 c. part skim ricotta or cottage cheese
24 small square wonton wrappers (You can find these in the refrigerated section of the produce dept.)
11/2 c. Shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the turkey, onions, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Crumble the meat and saute the mixture for about 10 minutes or until the turkey is cooked through. Add the garlic and stir constantly for 30 seconds. Add the crushed tomatoes and 2 tsp of oregano. Bring the pan to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta or cottage cheese, a pinch of salt and pepper, the remaining teaspoon of oregano and the basil. Stir to mix well and set aside.
Coat a 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Place 1 wonton wrapper into each of the 12 cups, pressing firmly in the bottom of the cup and up the sides. Using half of the ricotta mixture, divide it among the 12 muffin cups. Next, using half of the turkey tomato sauce, spoon it evenly over each of the ricotta filled cups. Sprinkle with 2 tsp of mozzarella. Gently press another wonton wrapper on top of the mozzarella layer. Repeat the process by distributing the remaining ricotta or cottage cheese, then the remaining tomato sauce, and finally the rest of the shredded mozzarella. Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and wontons are golden brown. Let the cups cool, remove them from the pan and serve! Enjoy!

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

3 comments:

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...