Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Mushroom Chicken and Rice Casserole

Happy MARCH Culinary Queen Bee Readers! I hope I haven't lost any readers during my recent hiatis... I took a little time off to spend a little more time with my family the past few weeks so I apologize for my absence from posting delicious recipes! With that said, I am extremely excited for Spring and with that I have some yummy recipes that I can't wait to share with all of you. Spring time is one of my favorite times of the year! Warm weather begins to emerge and I love the blossoms and flowers. I also love the holidays and all the yummy spring food that is served for the holidays.

Check back in the next few days for I have several new dessert Ideas that I can't wait to share with you! These desserts would be a perfect finale to your St. Patrick day dinner and will leave your guests impressed!

I do have a fabulous recipe that I can't wait to share with you all today: Mushroom Chicken and Rice Casserole. It is one of my favorite Sunday Dinners to make and serve because of it's simplicity, doesn't dirty up a lot of dishes and tastes like you spent all day in the kitchen. Even though I love this as a Sunday dish, it of course could be served on any day of the week. Now, I have to be honest, Chicken and Rice Casseroles have never been my favorite but after a good friend of mine made this for me when I came home from the hospital after having my little girl 3 years ago, it has become a family favorite in our home! This Mushroom Chicken & Rice Casserole is creamy, tasty, kid pleasing and "Oh, so comforting!" It is especially comforting on those chilly spring evenings! Hopefully, this recipe will become a family favorite in your home!

Mushroom Chicken and Rice Casserole
from the kitchen of Todd & Liz Benson
Ingredients:
1 6.9 oz. package of Chicken Rice -O-Roni
1 6.5 oz. can mushrooms (do not drain)
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
4-6 small chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
2 c. water
Paprika

Directions:
Mix the rice-o-roni, mushrooms (juice and all), Cream of Chicken soup and water in a 9X13 pan. Once all mixed place chicken breasts on top of rice mixture. Sprinkle generously with paprika over the chicken and rice mixture. Cover with tin foil and Bake in a 350 degree oven for 2 hours or until rice is done.

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

1 comment:

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...